Earn a rebate up to $3,500 per home, or 75% of the safe room cost; whichever is less through the Sunflower Residential Safe Room Program. This program is designed to provide a rebate for the purchase and installation of a residential safe room for Kansas homeowners.
Are You Eligible?
- Safe room must be installed at a primary residence
- Residence cannot be an apartment complex, duplex, or other multi-family residences.
- Mobile homes are eligible if you own the home and the land it is located on
- Previously installed safe rooms or safe rooms that are in the process of being built are not eligible.
- Retrofitting or repairing an existing storm shelter to meet FEMA specifications does not qualify.
- Homes in the floodplain with flood insurance are eligible for an above-ground safe room.
- The safe room must be installed in Kansas.
- You may not build or install the safe room yourself.
Find out more at https://kansastag.gov/KDEM.asp?PageID=4651 or click HERE